Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fantasy Football and Beer Week #1 part 2 - RBs


  I just couldn't leave Week #1 with just one blog entry.  I am starting early on this College Football filled Saturday!  I'm still a little foggy from last night, but that fog will lift soon...a little hair of the dog will do the trick.

  Let's get this party started.  I'm going to list the running backs that I love this week.  And by love...I mean...LOVE!  Almost as much as I loved Manning in my last blog.  Nailed it!

#1.  Starting with the obvious.  Adrian Peterson...reigning NFL MVP.

                  

  This guy is hands down the best RB in the league.  And a absolute Fantasy Football Stud.  And is going against a Detroit defense that I have a weak against the run.  The only thing that could spoil my party here is if Detroit gets a big lead (because Ponder is terrible) and Minnesota gets away from the run.  I don't see this happening, since Frazier does a good job at keeping teams honest and continuing to run the ball when behind.  I see around 150 yards and at least 1 touchdown...probably looking at 2!


#2.  My man McCoy!



  Mr. McCoy is going to get the ball a ton in this new offense.  He is going to be lights out in PPR leagues.  Since he will be lining up all over the field.  McCoy was interviewed saying that this offense is like a "track meet!"  Music to my ears.  As long as he can remain healthy he has the chance to lead the league in yards from scrimmage!  He will have to fight my #3 and #4 guys for that title though.

#3.  Jamal Charles



  This guy can fly!  And just like his picture...he can catch the ball too.  That is where this guy is the most dangerous.  Get him in open field and he can make people look pretty silly...and slow.  Charles is a flat out burner of a runner.  Expect big things from him this year.  Plus they are playing a weak team in the Jags this week.  I can see KC coming out flying with their new quarterback (who can actually throw the ball) and punch a couple early TDs in.  Oh, and this quarterback does like the dump it off to his RB...we can all imagine what a younger, faster and quicker Gore would look like....well here he is!

#4.  C to the J Spiller!



 I cannot believe I forgot to list Spiller on my top 10 RBs this week.  That is what beers will do to you I guess! Spiller is playing against a weak run defense in the Patriots this week.  The Buffalo coach stated in a interview that he is going to run Spiller "until his legs fall off."  Sounds good to me.  And if you are in a PPR league make a trade for this guy.  I see Manuel getting off to a slow start with the speed of the NFL...and that usually results in a lot of dump offs to the TE and RB!

#5.  Steven Jackson


  Atlanta is going to love having a guy that can catch the ball out of the back field.  They did not have that with Burner Turner.  I can't say it enough...they are playing against the worst defense in the league! The Saints will not have a defensive answer for this Atlanta team.  That does not mean that they don't have ANY answer!  The Saints will answer through the air with Brees cutting through the Atlanta secondary like butter!


Sleepers....

- McFadden!
- Matthews!
- Vereen!


Thanks for reading!  Hope you enjoyed it.  Please comment and follow.  Let's have a fun year everyone.

The beer of the day.....












No comments:

Post a Comment